Tomato And Sausage Soup
- 2 slices bacon diced
- 4 ounces linguica finely chopped
- 4 ounces linguica sliced 1/4" thick
- 4 ounces chorizo finely chopped
- 4 ounces chorizo sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 2 teaspoons Essence (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups chopped peeled seeded tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Crusty bread for serving
In a large saucepan or stock pot, fry the bacon over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the chopped and sliced sausages and cook with the bacon until the fat is rendered and all the meat is browned, about 5 minutes.
Add the onions, Essence, and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the bay leaf, tomatoes and stock and stir to combine.
Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with cilantro and serve with crusty bread.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Penne Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato... 4.5/5 (356 Votes)