Savory Sausage Kabobs
Great grill recipe
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 3 ears sweet corn, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini squash, sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 large red pepper, cut in 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon basil
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Blanch vegetables by placing zucchini and corn in a pan of boiling water. Cook 2 minutes. Immediately rinse with cold water.
For sauce, combine sugar, dry mustard, cornstarch, lemon juice and basil in a small saucepan. Constantly stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Arrange meat and vegetables on skewers. Grill over medium fire 12 to 15 minutes, basting with sauce every 5 minutes.