Sweet Potato-Roasted Pork Au Gratin
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes - (abt 3 large) peeled, and cut crosswise 1/8" thick
- 2 1/2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 pound barbecued pulled pork from
- Barbecued Pulled Pork Sandwiches (see recipe)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chilis worked into paste (abt 1 large chili)
- Tortilla chips optional
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 2-quart baking dish with 2 teaspoons of the butter. Arrange one-quarter of the sweet potato slices in overlapping layers around the pan. Season lightly with salt and pepper and top with one-quarter of the cheese. Repeat with another layer and top with the barbecued pork and one-quarter of the cheese. Repeat for 2 more layers, ending with cheese on top.
In a bowl, whisk together the cream and chilis. Pour over the potatoes, pressing down gently to let the liquid seep down into the layers.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until the potatoes are tender, the cream is absorbed, and the cheese is bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit 10 minutes before serving. Serve either as a snack with tortilla chips, or as a side dish.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Casserole Ruth Chris'... 4.4/5 (100 Votes)
- Florence Mama's Candied Yams 4.5/5 (91 Votes)
- Thai-Style New Zealand Green Shell... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin En Croute 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Marinated Fish With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lentils With Bulgur Wheat And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Quail, Country Milk... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fillet Of Pork With Rosemary-Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)