Funfetti Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup sprinkles
Adapted from pinterest.com
1.Beat butter and sugar in mixing bowl for 2-3 minutes, until fully combined and smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add flour, baking powder and salt, beat until combined. Fold in ¼ cup sprinkles.
2. Refrigerate cookie dough for one hour, covered with plastic wrap.
3. Pour remaining ½ cup sprinkles into a small bowl.
4. Use a 1-2 tablespoon cookie scoop to make dough balls. Dip the tops of each dough ball into sprinkles. Place dough on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, sprinkle side up.
5. Bake in a 350°F oven for 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
6. Store in an airtight container for up to one week, or freeze for one month.
NOTE: I prefer to use the sprinkles that are log-shaped. Sometimes they are called jimmies. These sprinkles tend to bake the best, becoming tender in the cookie (and the colors don’t bleed as much).