Homestyle Chicken In Tomato Gravy
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, divided in 4 equal portions
- 1/4 cup wondra quickmixing flour
- 1/2 tsp pepper1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large greeen peppers chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 16 oz tomato puree
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp ground thyme
Mix together flour and peppe in a large plastic bag. Add chicken, one piece at a time, shaking to coat.
Heat oil in large saute pan.
Over medium heat saute chicken until brown on both sides and cooked thoroughly/
Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
In same saute pan, stir fry onions, green peppers and garlic for approximately 5 minutes, until onion is golden brown.
Add white pepper, tomato puree, chopped parsley thyme and chicken.
Simmer chicken in tomato gravy for approximately 10 minutes, until chicken in done