Potatoes With Bacon And Onions
- 2 pounds potatoes peeled, and sliced 1/4" thick
- 8 ounces bacon diced
- 1 cup sliced yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon Essence (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
Place the potatoes in a pot of salted water. Bring to a boil and blanch for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain in a colander and cool.
In a large saute pan or skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until brown and the fat is rendered, about 6 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Add the onions, Essence, salt, and cayenne to the fat in the pan and saute until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add the drained potatoes and olive oil and cook, turning, until browned on both sides. Return the bacon to the pan, with the parsley, cilantro, and green onions. Season, to taste, and cook gently until warmed through.
Remove from the heat and serve hot.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Crock Pot Sour Cream & Bacon... 4.5/5 (311 Votes)