Skewered Grilled Vegetables
- Wooden or metal skewers
- 2 to 3 onions
- 1 box mushrooms
- Barbecue Sauce
1. Slice onions into wedges; 4 to 6 per onion.
2. Run skewer through onions. You should have 2 skewers at least.
3. Use a paper towel or napkin to clean mushroom / brush off dirt. Mushrooms absorb water so you don't want to wash them.
4. Run skewer thru mushrooms. You should have 2 skewers at least.
5. Brush with barbecue sauce.
6. Grill over high heat for 3 to 5 minutes each side (flip only once). Mushrooms generally take longer. Depending on the heat, onions can be as much as 10 to 12 minutes in total.
Note: Skewered foods cook at different rates which is why you skewer like foods together.