- SWEET PIE DOUGH:
- Prepared Sweet Pie Dough (listed below)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 large egg yolks beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 navel oranges segmented
- 1 pint raspberries
- 8 ounces all-purpose flour (abt 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tbspns)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter cut 1/4" pieces
- 2 tablespoons solid vegetable shortening
- 3 tablespoons ice water
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie dough to an 11-inch circle. Transfer to a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom and press the dough against the sides. Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
Line the shell with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and weights, and bake until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack before filling.
Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the juice, zest, and sugar to dissolve the sugar. Whisk in the beaten egg yolks and cream. Pour into the prepared shell and bake until set, about 30 minutes.
Cool completely then cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 3 hours. Before serving, arrange the orange segments and raspberries in a concentric pattern around the top of the tart.
Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar and serve chilled.
For the Sweet Pie Dough: Sift the flour, sugar, and salt into a large bowl. Using your fingers, work in the butter and shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 2 tablespoons of ice water and work with your fingers until the water is incorporated and the dough comes together. Add more water as needed to make a smooth dough, being careful not to over mix. Form the dough into a disk, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
This recipe yields 1 tart, about 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)