- Serves 4
- 1 (9-oz) package refrigerated fettuccine
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 (8-oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 Tbs finely chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (6-oz) packages fresh baby spinach, thoroughly washed
- 1 (16-oz) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Garnishes: Chopped fresh basil, grated Asiago cheese, carrot ribbons
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Prepare fettuccine according to package directions.
2. Saute carrots in hot oil in a Dutch Oven over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, onion, and garlic, and saute 3 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add spinach, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until wilted. Stir in Alfredo sauce, cheese, basil, and hot cooked pasta, stirring just until blended. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or just until thoroughly heated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.