Slow Cooker Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Try using the low setting for 6-8 hours the night before. You'll awake to a house filled with enticing aromas... no alarm clock needed. A great way to jump start your day with a hearty Sausage Breakfast!
- 1 (26 ounce) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 package Jimmy Dean Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, 4 ounces
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, 2 ounces
- 1/2 cup julienne cut sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 ground black pepper
Adapted from jimmydean.com
Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Layer 1/2 of the potato on the bottom of slow cooker.
Top with half of the sausage, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes and green onion. Repeat layering.
Beat eggs, milk and pepper in large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended.
Pour evenly over potato-sausage mixture.
Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours or on high setting for 3-4 hours or until eggs are set.