Gorgonzola Ravioli With Walnut-Brown Butter
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese well drained, and crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola plus
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola (or other creamy blue cheese)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 sheets fresh spinach pasta
- Cornmeal as needed
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup roughly-chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely-grated Parmesan plus more for topping if desired
In a bowl, combine the ricotta, Gorgonzola, parsley, and garlic paste and mash together until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Put 1 pasta sheet on a work surface with the long side facing you. Place heaping tablespoons of filling down the sheet, about 2 inches apart. Brush water around each pile of filling and fold the dough lengthwise over the filling. Press gently around each to force out any air and seal. Trim with a fluted pastry wheel or knife to cut into separate ravioli. Place on a baking sheet lightly dusted with cornmeal to keep from sticking. Repeat with the remaining ravioli.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Cook the ravioli until they are tender and rise to the surface, gently stirring to keep them from sticking together, 3 to 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, while the ravioli are cooking, in a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the butter without stirring until it starts to darken to a golden color. Add the nuts and cook until the butter is golden brown and the nuts are fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the herbs, cream, and lemon juice, and stir to combine. Cook for 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the ravioli with a slotted spoon to the skillet with the butter, swirling to coat. Sprinkle with the Parmesan, spooning the sauce over the ravioli to melt the cheese.
Divide the ravioli among 4 plates and sprinkle each serving with additional Parmesan, if desired. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.