Garlicky Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Chile-Garlic Vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon chopped serrano chile
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons anchovy paste
- Grilled Antipasto Vegetables:
- 4 red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 4 red onions, each peeled and cut into 6 wedges
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 (4-inch) portobello caps
- 2 pounds asparagus
- 1/3 cup Chile-Garlic Vinaigrette
- 4 cups cooked fusilli (about 8 ounces, uncooked)
- 3 cups Grilled Antipasto Vegetables
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup Chile-Garlic Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitter kalamata olives
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a mortar; mash to a paste with a pestle.
2. Combine garlic paste mixture, vinegar, and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Note: Store vinaigrette in refrigerator for up to 1 week.)
Grilled Antipasto Vegetables:
1. Coat bell peppers and onions with cooking spray. Place bell peppers and onions on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 15 minutes or until peppers are blackened, turning occasionally. Place peppers in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes.
2.Chop onions into 1-inch pieces; place in a large bowl. Peel and slice peppers into 1/2-inch strips; add to onions.
3. Combine the oil, mushrooms, and asparagus; toss well to coat. Place mushrooms and asparagus on grill rack; grill 3 minutes on each side or until tender.
4. Chop mushrooms into 1-inch pieces; add to onion mixture. Slice asparagus diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces; add to onion mixture.
5. Drizzle 1/3 cup Chile-Garlic Vinaigrette over mixture; toss to coat.
(Note: Store cooked vegetables in refrigerator for up to 3 days)
To assemble pasta salad - combine all ingredients is a large bowl, tossing gently.