Creamy Leek And Potato Soup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups sliced leeks white and green
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 pounds boiling potatoes peeled, quartered
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons soft herbed cheese - (to 6) (like Boursin)
In a large pot, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over low heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the chicken stock and potatoes. Cover and simmer gently until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
Remove from the heat. With a hand-held immersion blender, or in batches in a food processor, puree the soup until smooth. Season, to taste, with salt and ground white pepper. Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with parsley and 1 tablespoon of soft herbed cheese. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Leek and Garlic Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Hearty Leek and Potato Soup 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Brie-Leek Tartlets 5/5 (4 Votes)