Creamy Leek And Potato Soup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups sliced leeks white and green
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 pounds boiling potatoes peeled, quartered
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons soft herbed cheese - (to 6) (like Boursin)
In a large pot, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over low heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the chicken stock and potatoes. Cover and simmer gently until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
Remove from the heat. With a hand-held immersion blender, or in batches in a food processor, puree the soup until smooth. Season, to taste, with salt and ground white pepper. Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with parsley and 1 tablespoon of soft herbed cheese. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Thai-Style New Zealand Green Shell... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin En Croute 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Marinated Fish With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Country Ham With Orange Pan Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lentils With Bulgur Wheat And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Game Hens, With Orzo... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parmesan Truffled Potato Chips 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Leek And Camembert Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)