Very good. Not a big fan of the licorice type taste of fennel or fennel seeds but it was really good in this recipe.
- HERBED MUSTARD MAYONNAISE:
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (1 pound)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 zucchini or yellow summer squash, chopped (11/4 cups)
- 1 small fennel or kohlrabi bulb, trimmed, chopped (1 1/4 cups)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium carrot, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons snipped dried apricots (optional)
- Herbed Mustard Mayonnaise
- Salad greens, torn
- Orange slices
- 2/3 cup fat-free or reduced-fat mayonnaise (paleo mayo)
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Adapted from bhg.com
1. Combine chicken, celery, zucchini, fennel or kohlrabi, green onion, carrot, and apricots, if using, in a large bowl. Stir in Herbed Mustard Mayonnaise till evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
2. To serve, line six to eight plates with salad greens. Stir chicken mixture; season to taste with salt and pepper and place atop greens. Garnish with orange slices.
HERBED MUSTARD MAYONNAISE:
Combine mayonnaise, lemon peel, mustard, lemon juice, fresh dill or tarragon, orange juice concentrate, and pepper. Makes about 3/4 cup.