Mini Apple Pies with Streusel Topping
- PIE INGREDIENTS
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (or make your own)
- 2 cups Granny Smith Apples, finely chopped (about 2 cups apples)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- STREUSEL TOPPING INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar – packed
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 28mins
Adapted from centercutcook.com
Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees.
Unroll 1 refrigerated pie crust onto work surface. Use a 3-inch cookie cutter to cut out 12 rounds.
Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Place each round into the bottom of a muffin cup. The dough should just start to slightly go up the side of the muffin cup.
In a large bowl, combine finely chopped apples with 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Divide this apple mixture evenly among the 12 mini pies.
With your food processor, a fork, or using your fingers, combine all of the ingredients for the streusel topping until crumbly. Divide this mixture evenly among the 12 mini pies.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Allow the mini pies to cool for 15-20 minutes before carefully removing them from the pan.
Topped with whipped cream if you wish and enjoy!