Baked Green Tomatoes and Zucchini (Not My Mama's Meals)
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 About 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (10 drops)
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large green tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Nonstick cooking spray
Adapted from flandusfitclub.tumblr.com
Prep:10 min Inactive Prep:--Cook:25 min YIELD:4 servings
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine the buttermilk, hot sauce and egg white in a pie dish. Mix the cornmeal and salt in another pie dish. Dip the tomato and zucchini slices into the buttermilk mixture, and then into the cornmeal, gently turning to coat.
Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add half the tomato and zucchini slices in a single layer and cook until browned on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes.
Transfer the slices to the baking sheet and bake until the tomatoes and zucchini are golden brown on both sides, about 8 minutes. Wipe the skillet clean and repeat with remaining vegetable slices. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (897 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (707 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (406 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (312 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.5/5 (269 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)