HG's Mucho Mas Mexican Lasagna La-La-La-La Lasagna!
Serving Size: 1/6th of lasagna
PointsPlus® value 6*
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- One 10-oz. can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- Five 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles (like the kind by Boca or Morningstar Farms)
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup canned fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
- Optional toppings: fat-free sour cream, salsa
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8" X 8" baking pan with nonstick spray.
In a medium bowl, mix corn kernels with the drained diced tomatoes with chiles. Cut each tortilla into 4 wedges for a total of 20 wedges.
Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add soy crumbles and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Cook and stir until well mixed and hot, 2 - 3 minutes.
Transfer soy crumbles to a second medium bowl. Remove skillet from heat. Clean skillet, if needed. Re-spray and return to medium-high heat.
Add bell peppers and onion to the skillet, and cook and stir until slightly soft, 6 - 8 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat. Add beans and mix well.
Evenly spread and layer half of each ingredient in the baking pan: veggie-bean mixture, corn-tomato mixture, soy crumbles, tortilla wedges, enchilada sauce, and cheese. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients.
Bake until lasagna is hot and cheese has melted, about 25 minutes. Eat up!