- 6 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium apple, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 14 oz. cans or sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 3 tblsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 tblsp brown sugar
- 1 btl dark beer
- 12 uncooked brats
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Cook bacon in skillet. Remove and crumble, leaving the fat. Add the onion, garlic, sauerkraut, mustard, and brown sugar, and cook on low for 20 minutes.
Transfer the ingredients to a 9 x 13 aluminum foil baking pan. Place the brats on top, slightly submerging, poor beer over all ingredients, and cover with foil. Cook on the grill over medium heat for 30-35 minutes until brats are done.