BUTTERSCOTCH PECAN DESSERT
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3-1/2 cups milk
- 2 packages (3.4 or 3.5 ounces each) instant butterscotch or vanilla pudding mix
In a bowl, cut the butter into the flour until crumbly; stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2.in. baking pan. BAke at 350 degrees or until lightly browned. Cool.
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; spread over crust.
Combine milk and pudding mix until smooth; pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until set. Top with remaining whipped topping and pecans. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Yield: 16-20 servings.