Baked Codfish With Irish Cheese Crust
- 4 codfish fillets - (6 oz ea) skins removed
- Essence to taste (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted Irish butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Lakeshore Strong Irish Mustard (or Colman's English mustard)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (or spring onions)
- 6 ounces Irish cheese grated (such as Dubliner, Coolea, or Carrigaline, or Irish cheddar such as Kerrygold Vintage)
- 1 cup heavy Irish cream
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter a casserole dish and set aside.
Lightly season the codfish on both sides with Essence and place in the prepared dish, skin side down.
In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter, parsley, mustard, and garlic, and mix well. Add the cheese and mix well. Place on the fish, patting down to make a crust. Pour the cream over the fish and bake until the fish is cooked through, golden brown and the cheese is bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Beer Battered Cod 4.6/5 (56 Votes)
- Cod-and-Shrimp Stoup 5/5 (2 Votes)