Striped Bass And Shrimp Stew - ...
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Essence (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- 1 1/2 pounds striped bass fillets
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled, cubed
- 3 cups shrimp or fish stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Muenster cheese
- 1 pound small or medium shrimp
- 2 hard boiled eggs sliced lengthwise
- into 6ths
- Chopped green onions
- Chopped fresh parsley
In a shallow dish, combine the flour and Essence. Dredge the fish in the flour, shaking to remove any excess. In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on both sides. Remove and drain on paper towels. Drain any remaining fat from the pan and wipe clean.
Melt the butter in the saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, paprika, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the potatoes and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes. Add the cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the potatoes are very soft and the sauce reduces and thickens, about 3 minutes.
Add the cheese and stir to incorporate. Adjust seasoning, to taste. Add the fish and the shrimp, and simmer until the shrimp are pink and the fish is warmed through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Spoon the stew into large bowls. Arrange the egg slices around the rim of the bowl, and garnish with the green onions and parsley.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (809 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 4.5/5 (182 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (140 Votes)