Butternut Squash Lasagna
- 1 3-pound butternut squash
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 c milk
- 1 tsp shipped fresh rosemary
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 1/3 c finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 c whipping cream
1. Preheat your oven to 425 and lightly grease a 15 X 10 X 1-inch baking pan and set aside.
2. Halve squash lengthwise; seed and peel squash.
3. Cut crosswise into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices and place in the prepared baking pan.
4. Add oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and toss gently to coat squash. Spread squash in and even layer.
5. Place in oven uncovered and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until squash is tender;stirring once.
6. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 375.
7. Meanwhile, for the sauce, in a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat.
8. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute.
9. Stir in flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Gradually stir in milk and cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in squash and rosemary.
10. Lightly grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish and spread about 1 cup of the sauce in the bottom.
11. Layer 3 three of the lasagna noodles in dish and spread 1/3 of the remaining sauce; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
12. Repeat layering noodles, sauce and cheese two more times.
13. Pour cream evenly over layers in dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese.
14. Cover with foil and place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
15. Uncover and bake about 10 minutes more or until edges are bubbly and top is lightly browned.
16. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving with your favorite meat,seafood or poultry.