- 3 sleeves of Ritz Crackers-crushed fine
- 8 to 10 oz. pkg. Mushrooms
- 1 cup Parmesan or Romano Cheese-grated
- 5 or 6 cloves of garlic-minced
- olive oil
- 1 stick butter-melted
- Freshly ground black pepper
Wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth or mushroom brush. Remove and chop stems finely. Scrape out gills. Saute onion and garlic until soft and tender. Remove from heat and add the Ritz crackers, cheese, pepper to taste and melted butter. Mix everything together well, If mixture is to dry add more olive oil or butter. Stuff each mushroom with the stuffing mixture and place in a baking dish.(single layer) Cover with foil bake at 350 for 20min, remove cover and bake 10 minutes longer until browned on top!