Strawberry Shortcake Milkshakes
Fresh strawberries, vanilla ice cream, and pound cake (or shortbread cookies) in a blender.. Mmmm!
- For 2 shakes:
- 6 - 8 fresh strawberries (depending on size)
- 4 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- dab of milk to blend, if needed
- 1 medium slice pound cake, homemade or store bought (or 4-6 shortbread cookies, broken)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- Garnishes - 2 whole, stemmed strawberries and/or whipped cream
Clean and hull the strawberries to be used in the shake; place in freezer until needed.
For the garnishes, make a 1/2-inch slit on the bottoms of two strawberries. Set aside.
Using the rim of your glasses for size, squirt a circle of honey on a small plate. On another small plate, spoon the graham cracker crumbs in a circle. Rim the glasses in the honey, then in the crumbs. Garnish each glass rim with a slit strawberry. Set aside.
Blend the cold strawberries and ice cream in a blender, adding a dab of milk if needed. Add the pound cake (or cookies); pulse a couple of times just to blend.
Pour into the garnished glasses and top with whipped cream and a few additional crumbs, if desired.
((NOTE--I overfilled one of these, the bottom of the strawberry should not touch the shake mixture.))
You'll also love
- Baked Potato Casserole 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Gravy 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Broccoli-Corn Casserole 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Hawaiian Waffles with Pineapple... 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Fresh Peach Pie 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Blueberry Danish Puff 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- HCG Diet (P3) Coconut Flour... 4.2/5 (52 Votes)
- Strawberry Moscato Cupcakes 4.4/5 (35 Votes)