Mushroom Tomato Bisque
- 1 1/2 lbs. plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 5 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp each dried basil and dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 1/4 c. chicken broth
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup tomato paste
- pinch sugar, optional
- 3/4 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
1. Place tomatoes cut side down in a greased 15 X 10 X 1 inch baking pan. Brush with 3 tbsp oil. Combine garlic, salt, basil, oregano and pepper; sprinkle over tomatoes. Bake uncovered at 450 deg for 20-25 mins or until edges are well browned.
2. Cool slightly. Place tomatoes and pan drippings in a blender. Cover and process until blended; process 1 minute longer.
3. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining oil for 5-8 mins or until tender. Stir in broth, tomato paste, sugar if desired and tomato puree. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in cream. Garnish with parmesan chese.