Oven-Fried Potato And Sweet Potato Chips, Creamy Bacon Dip
- CREAMY OVEN-COOKED BACON DIP:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium Idaho potato - (6 to 8 oz)
- 1 medium sweet potato - (6 to 8 oz) peeled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon very finely-grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon very finely-grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 slices bacon
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives plus
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Using a pastry brush, lightly grease 2 large baking sheets with 1 teaspoon of oil each and set aside.
Using a mandoline slicer, or heavy, sharp knife, cut the potatoes and sweet potatoes as thinly as possible. On 1 baking sheet, arrange the cut potatoes in 1 layer. On the second sheet, arrange the cut sweet potatoes in 1 layer. With a pastry brush, lightly coat the top side of both potatoes with the olive oil. Bake until golden and crisp, rotating the pans halfway through the cooking time, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
While the potatoes are cooking, in a small bowl, combine the salt, rosemary, lemon zest, and black pepper.
In another bowl, combine the cinnamon, orange zest, sugar, nutmeg, and ginger.
Remove the potatoes from the oven and transfer to paper towels. While still warm, sprinkle the potatoes with the lemon salt mixture, and the sweet potatoes with the cinnamon mixture. Serve warm or at room temperature with the Creamy Oven Cooked Bacon Dip.
For the Creamy Oven-Cooked Bacon Dip: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Arrange the bacon in a layer on a broiler rack set over the broiler pan. Bake until crisp and brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and drain on paper towels. When cool enough to handle, crumble or chop into small pieces.
In a bowl, cream together the remaining ingredients. Add the crumbled bacon and mix. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. (Makes about 1 1/2 cups)
Serve with the oven baked potato chips.
This recipe yields about 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Crock Pot Sour Cream & Bacon... 4.5/5 (311 Votes)