- 3 c flour
- 1 envelope quick rise yeast
- 3 t olive oil
- 1 T chopped fresh basil
- 4 oz diced bacon 5 slices
- 1 pkg frozen
- chopped spinach. thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 t sea salt or coarse salt1 1/2 cups shredded Fontina cheese
1. Combine 1 c of the flour, yeast and salt in a lg bowl.
2. Heat 2 T of the oil , basil and 1 c water ina saucepan until very warm Gradually beat water mixture into flour mixture with a wooden spoon. kBeat in 1 1/2 c of the remaining flour, , 1/2 c at a time to make a soft dough.
3. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth and elastic, 10 minutes working inremaining 1/2 c flour as needed to prevent stickin. Cover. let rest 10 minutes
saute bacon 4-5 minutes. Add spiach cook another 1-2 minutes. Set asice.
5. Roll out dough aon a floured surface to 15 x 11 ' rectangle . Fit in greased 15x11 by 1 ' jelly roll pan. make indentations all over surfae o dough, pressing almost to bottom of pan. drizzle dough with remaining oil. Scatter bacon spinach and sea salt over top. Cover with plasic wrap Let rise in warm place until almost doubled. 30 mine
6. heat oven to 400. Sprinkle cheese evenly over to. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes, until lighlty browned and cheese is melted. Cut into 12 pecies