Lemon Rosemary Pound Cake
- 1 teaspoon butter for the pan, plus
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely-grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter an 8 1/2- by 4 1/2- by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan with 1 teaspoon butter. Coat pan with 2 teaspoons of the flour, tapping out the excess.
Into a medium bowl or onto a piece of parchment paper, sift the remaining 2 cups flour, the baking powder, and salt.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl, as needed. With the machine on low speed, beat in the flour in 3 additions, alternating with 1 egg at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl, as needed. Fold in the rosemary, zest, and lemon extract.
Spread evenly in the prepared pan. Bake until the cake is golden brown and a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cool on a wire cake rack for 10 minutes. Turn the cake out onto the rack, turn right side up, and let cool for at least 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (813 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)