- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Asian seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut thin strips
- 1/4 cup cornstarch plus
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup julienned green onions for garnish
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds for garnish
In medium bowl, beat the egg lightly with the Asian seasoning. Place 1/4 cup cornstarch in a shallow dish. One at a time, dredge the chicken in the cornstarch and dip into the egg wash, shaking to remove any excess. Dredge again in the cornstarch to lightly coat.
Place on a baking dish and let stand for 5 minutes. Just before cooking, shake off any excess cornstarch.
In a bowl, make the sauce by combining the chicken stock, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, and lemon zest. Set aside.
In a wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken strips (making sure not to overcrowd the pan.) Fry them for about 3 minutes, until crisp, turning once. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain them on paper towels.
In a small bowl, dissolve the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of cornstarch in the tablespoon of water. Pour nearly all the oil out of the wok. Add the green onions, ginger, and garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the lemon sauce, stir to combine, and bring to a boil.
Add the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring, until thick. Return the chicken strips to the wok and stir-fry until warmed through and married with the sauce, 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and divide among 4 plates. Garnish with the julienned green onions and toasted sesame seeds and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (813 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)