King Salmon Carpaccio
- 8 ounces fresh king salmon fillet skin and pin bones
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chiffonade endive
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped red onions
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Freshly-cracked black pepper to taste
- Sea salt to taste
Cut the salmon into 4 equal portions. Cover a cutting board with a large piece of plastic wrap and rub with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Place a piece of salmon in the center and cover with a second piece of plastic. Using a flat, smooth mallet or the bottom of a skillet, gently pound the salmon into a paper-thin sheet. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining salmon, adding more oil as necessary to prevent from sticking.
In a small bowl, combine the endive and red onions. In another bowl, combine the extra virgin olive oil, parsley, chives, lemon juice and lemon zest, and whisk to blend. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Toss 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette with the endive and red onions. Lightly season each piece of salmon with pepper and sea salt.
Place about 1/4 cup of the endive and red onion salad in the center of each piece of salmon. Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over the salmon, and serve well chilled.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (467 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (128 Votes)