Friday Night Bread Machine Challah
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 1/3 cup plus a pinch of sugar
- 4 teaspoons dry yeast
- 2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg plus 1 yolk
- sesame seeds
1. Place the water, pinch of sugar and yeast into the bread machine pan. Stir and let stand for a few minutes to swell or dissolve the yeast.
2. Add 1/3 cup sugar, eggs, yolk, honey, oil and flour.
3. Put machine on dough cycle.
4. When the cycle is over, remove the dough from the machine and gently deflate it.
5. Divide the dough into sections for braids (3 or 6), place braided dough on cookie sheet with parchment paper.
6. Cover with a clean dish towel and let rise 30 - 40 mintues, until almost doubled.
7. Brush on egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds, bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.