Tilapia and Vegetable Packets
Theres a lot to love about this fish dish: Its light, lean and loaded with fresh flavors, thanks to the spinach, asparagus spears, thyme, shallots, capers and lemon that are roasted with the tilapia.
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 8 ounces thin asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 8 teaspoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced into 12 rounds
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from womansday.com
Heat oven to 425°F.
Tear off four 12-inch squares of parchment paper or foil and arrange on 2 baking sheets. Divide the spinach between the squares and place the fish on top. Top the fish with the asparagus, capers, shallot and thyme on top. Drizzle with the olive oil and season each with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, then top with the lemon slices.
Top each fillet with another square of parchment or foil. Fold each edge up and over 3 times. Then fold each corner of the packet under itself to create a seal that will remain intact while packet is in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
Transfer each packet to a plate. Just before serving, use a paring knife or scissors to cut an X in the center of the parchment. Fold back the triangles (be careful of the steam), gently tearing open the paper.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Mexican Roast & Pinto... 3.9/5 (140 Votes)
- Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls 4.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Crusty Parmesan Herb Zucchini Bites 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Bubba Gump Coconut Shrimp 4.2/5 (70 Votes)
- Sun-Dried Chorizo Garlic Shrimp 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Salmon with Yukon Gold Hash Browns 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Tropical Macadamia Halibut 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Crab-Stuffed Tilapia 4.3/5 (58 Votes)