Make-Ahead Peaches 'n Cream Pancake Casserole
- 2 TBS butter, divided
- 2 peaches, peeled, sliced
- 2 TBS packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla, divided
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix
- 2/3 cup heavy whipped cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 TBS powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 peaches, pealed, sliced
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
1) Heat 10 - 12 inch ovenproof skillet over med heat; add 1 TBS of the butter. Add 2 sliced peaches and sprinkle with brown sugar. Cook 3 mins; stir peaches and cook another 2 - 3 mins or until caramelized and soft. Remove from heat; add 1 tsp of the vanilla. Toss well, then remove and slide the peaches onto a plate. Rub remaining 1 TBS butter in warm skillet. Let skillet cool.
2) In med bowl, add biscuit mix, 2/3 cup whipping cream, eggs and 1 tsp vanilla. Mix to combine, being careful not to overmix. Fold in caramelized peaches.
3) Pour batter into buttered skillet (you can use a greased 13x9 inch pan if you prefer). At this point, cover the skillet and place in the fridge overnight, or go on to the baking step.
4) When you are ready to bake, heat oven to 450 degrees F.
5) Bake pancake casserole for 10 mins, then reduce oven to 350 degrees F and continue baking 10 - 15 mins or until lightly golden on top.
1) While pancake casserole bakes, beat 1 cup whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla and whip until combined.
Cut pancake casserole into triangles (or squares if using baking pan) and serve hot with sliced peaches, dollop of the whipped cream and a drizzle of maple syrup.