- 2 lg eggs
- 1 c sour cream
- 2/3 c sugar
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 c leftover mashed potatoes
- oil for frying
- sugar, sugar and cinnamon mixture or confectioners sugar for coating after frying
1. Mix flour well with baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
2. Beat eggs into the sour cream and stir in sugar.
3. Lightly mix together sour cream and flour mixtures with the potato.
4. Drop dough by teaspoonful into a deep skillet in which the oil it hot but not smoking (about 350 degrees but not hotter than 370 degrees F) and fry the balls until crisp.
5. Drain them on paper towels and roll in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar, just sugar or confectioners sugar.