Smarter Fettuccine Alfredo
- 8 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1/3 cup light cream cheese spread
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Cook pasta as directed on package.
Meanwhile, combine broth and flour in medium saucepan. Stir in cream cheese spread, 2 tablespoons of Parmesam cheese, nutmeg and pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly with wire whisk until mixture boils and thickens.
Drain pasta. Toss with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and parsley.
1 cup = 6 points