Duck Chow Mein
- 2 duck breasts
- 1 tablespoon Hawaiian salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces fresh or dried Chinese egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup julienned bok choy
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup brewed Hawaiian coffee
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
Season the duck breasts with Hawaiian salt and pepper. Score the fat of the skin in a criss-cross pattern. Heat a large saute pan over high heat. Add the seasoned duck breast, skin-side down, and cook until the fat is golden brown and a lot of the fat is rendered. Turn over and cook until the meat is medium-rare. Remove the duck from the pan. Reserve 3 tablespoons of the duck fat.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until just al dente. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
Heat a wok over high heat. When hot, add 2 tablespoons of the duck fat and swirl to coat the sides and bottom of the wok. Add the green onions, ginger and garlic and stir-fry until aromatic, 30 seconds. Add the bok choy and carrots and stir-fry until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the coffee and add the soy sauce and oyster sauce. Add the noodles and macadamia nuts and toss well. Place the noodles in a large platter or bowl. Slice the duck breasts on the bias into thin slices. Fan the duck over the noodles. Garnish with mung bean sprouts.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (703 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Veal Chops Saltimboca with Tomato... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Henke's Hunter's Venison 4.9/5 (11 Votes)