- 1 8 OZ package cream cheese, softened
- 1 8 oz can mushroom pieces and stems, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 TBSP finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 17 oz package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- Parchment paper
- 2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
Beat cream cheese at medium speed with a heavy duty electric mixer utnil smooth. Stir in mushrooms and next 4 ingredients. Cover and chill to 24 hours.
Preheat oven to 400. Whisk together egg and 1 TBSP water in a msall bowl. Roll 1 puff pastry sheet into a 16 x 10 inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Cut pstry in half lengthwise. Spread 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture down center of each rectangle; brush edges iwth egg mixture. Fold each pastry half lengthwise over filling, and pinch edges to seal. Cut pastries into 10 pieces each, and place on a parchent paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remainin pff pstry sheet, egg mixture, and cream cheese mixture.
Brush remaining egg mixture over tops of pastry pieces; sprinkle iwth pepper.
Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until browned. Serve immeidately.
Can make ahead and freeze prior to baking until firm and stor in zip lock bag.