Banana Coconut Loaf
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter or Margarine
- 1 cup Bananas -- ripe, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Flavoring
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Walnuts -- chopped
- 1/2 cup Maraschino Cherries -- cut up
In a large bowl, mix together flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, salt, chopped walnuts, and cherries.
Break eggs in a mixing bowl and beat until light and frothy.
Add sugar and melted butter or margarine. Beat well.
Stir in mashed banana and flavoring.
Add flour mixture, and stir just to combine.
Spoon into greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Let stand for 10 minutes, and remove from pan. Cool.