Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana
- 1 pound uncooked Italian sausage, ground
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large uncooked onion, diced
- 4 Tbsp Hormel Bacon Pieces
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 8-10 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or 1 cup low fat evaporated milk
- 1 pound uncooked potatoes, sliced
- 1/8 pound Kale, washed, chopped into medium pieces
Saute sausage and crushed red pepper in a large skillet. Remove and drain excess fat.
In same skillet, saute bacon, onions and garlic over low-medium heat approx. 15 min. or until onions are soft
In large saucepan, add chicken broth and heat to boil. Add the sliced potatoes, bacon, onions, and garlic and cook until soft, approx. 30 min.
Add the heavy cream, sausage, and kale. Let heat thoroughly and serve.
Can also be cooked on low in crockpot.