- CAPPUCCINO CREAM:
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 pieces orange peel - (1" ea)
- 24 ounces espresso coffee hot
- Cappuccino Cream (Listed below)
- Cocoa powder for garnish
- Grated bittersweet chocolate for garnish
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons cold brewed espresso (or strong regular coffee)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Divide the chocolate syrup, sugar, and orange peel into 4 coffee mugs. Pour about 6 ounces of the espresso into each mug and stir. Top with cappuccino cream, and garnish, to taste, with the cocoa and grated chocolate.
For the Cappuccino Cream: In a large bowl, beat the cream until soft peaks start to form. Gradually add the remaining ingredients, beating constantly, until well combined and stiff peaks form. Can be made up to 1 hour in advance, covered tightly and refrigerated (Makes about 2 1/2 cups)
This recipe yields 4 drinks.