Savory Sausage, Spinach, and Onion Turnover
- 2/3 cup diced, peeled red potatoes
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 (3.5-ounce) links hot chicken Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 cups bagged washed baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten $
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add potatoes, bell pepper, and onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until onion begins to brown, stirring frequently. Add sausage; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in spinach; cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Stir in basil, salt, and crushed red pepper. Remove from heat.
3. Cut dough into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 5-inch circle. Spoon about 1/2 cup potato mixture on half of each circle, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Fold dough over potato mixture until edges almost meet. Bring bottom edge of dough over top edge; crimp edges of dough to form a rim.
4. Place turnovers on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Combine 2 tablespoons water and egg white in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk; brush evenly over dough. Sprinkle about 2 teaspoons cheese over each turnover. Bake at 400° for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand at least 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Buffalo Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Sauce from a Jam 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Pop Pulled Pork 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramel Corn - Better Made 0/5 (0 Votes)
- AMISH BEEF & NOODLES 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach & Feta Chicken Sausage... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Rice, Spinach, Salmon, and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hidden Valley Ranch Sausage Stars 0/5 (0 Votes)