Carrot Cake Muffins
These carrot cake muffins are super-extra moist, thanks to the addition of crushed pineapple. Toasted pecans and golden raisins add chewy texture.
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 -unce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place about 15 paper baking cups in muffin pans and coat with cooking spray.
Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in center of mixture.
Whisk together pineapple and next 4 ingredients. Add pineapple mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Fold in carrots, pecans, and raisins. Spoon batter into baking cups, filling about two-thirds full.
Bake at 350°F for 22 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Breakfast Poppers with Grits &... 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Pie: Upside-Down Banana Split Pie 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Peach Frozen Yogurt 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- New York Style Cheesecake 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Dry Rub Babyback Ribs with... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon-Basil Sorbet 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Raspberry Filled Palmiers 4.5/5 (22 Votes)