Sweet Potato Biscuits
Breads and Biscuits
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup cold whipping cream
- parchment paper
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 TBSP shipping cream
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 450
Stir together first 4 ingredients and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles smal peas and dough is crumbly. Freeze 5 minutes.
Stir together sweet potatoes and 1/2 cup whipping cream. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface (mixture will be crumbly); knead 1 minute. Pat dough into a 3/4 inch thick circle. Cut dough with a well-floured 2 1/2 inch round cutter, rerolling scraps as needed.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper; lightly grease paper with cooking spray. Place biscuits 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Brush tops of biscuits with 2 TBSP whipping cream.
Stir together granulated sugar and remaining 1/ 2tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle dough rounds with sugar mixture.
Bake at 450 for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
You'll also love
- Raspberry Sauce from a Jam 0/5 (0 Votes)
- OLD BAY Shrimp and Pasta Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana pudding - Tracy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramel Corn - Better Made 0/5 (0 Votes)
- ZUCCHINI QUICHE IMPOSSIBLE PIE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Herb Roasted Baby Boomer Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Agave Mashed Sweet Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin with... 0/5 (0 Votes)