Frittata with Sausage, Mushrooms and Cheddar
- 8 eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 oz white cheddar cheese cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 tsp plus 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 lb mild sausage (italian or pork)
- 3/4 lb assorted mushrooms, cleaned, trimmed and cut into 1-2" pieces
- 1 bunch swiss chard, about 3/4 lb., stems removed, leaves cut into 1" strips
In bowl whisk eggs, salt and pepper. Fold in cheese. Set aside.
In deep half of frittata pan over medium high heat, warm 1 tsp olive oil. Add sausage, cook, crumbling with wooden spoon, until well browned, 8-10 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Transfer sausage to another bowl.
In same pan over medium high heat, warm 1 TBSP oil. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occassionally, until browned and tender, 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl with sausage.
In same pan over medium heat, warm 1 tsp oil. Add half chard; cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Repeat with 1 tsp oil and remaining chard.
Return rest of chard, sausage, and mushrooms to pan; heat over medium heat 1 minute. Add eggs mixture; cook, using spatula to lift cooked edges and allow uncooked eggs to flow underneath, about 2 minutes, then cook 4-6 minutes more. Lightly brush shallow pan with 1 tsp oil; heat over medium heat. Place shallow pan upside down on top of deep pan; flip frittata into shallow pan. Cook, covered, until eggs are set, about 6 mintues. Slide frittata onto serving plate.
You'll also love
- Raspberry Sauce from a Jam 0/5 (0 Votes)
- OLD BAY Shrimp and Pasta Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana pudding - Tracy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Pop Pulled Pork 0/5 (0 Votes)
- AMISH BEEF & NOODLES 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hidden Valley Ranch Sausage Stars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Zucchini with Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo with... 0/5 (0 Votes)