German Chocolate Cheesecake
- COCONUT-PECAN GRAHAM CRUST
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (4 oz.) HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar, broken into pieces
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- COCONUT-PECAN TOPPING
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
1 Prepare COCONUT-PECAN GRAHAM CRUST.
Heat oven to 350°F. Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar in small bowl. Stir in butter, coconut and pecans; mix well. Press mixture onto bottom and 1/2-inch up side of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool.
Heat oven to 450°F.
2 Place chocolate in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred; set aside. Combine cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla in large bowl; beat on medium speed of mixer until smooth. Add flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, blending well. Add eggs and melted chocolate; blend well. Pour into prepared crust.
3 Bake 10 minutes; without opening oven door, reduce oven temperature to 250°F. Continue baking 35 minutes; remove from oven. With knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely; remove side of pan.
4 Prepare COCONUT-PECAN TOPPING. Spread topping over top of cake. Refrigerate until firm before serving. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake. 10 to 12 servings.
Melt butter in small saucepan; add brown sugar, light cream and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in coconut, pecans and vanilla. Cool slightly.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: Place butter in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds to 1 minute or until melted. Add brown sugar, light cream and corn syrup. Microwave at HIGH 2-1/2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Stir in coconut, pecans and vanilla. Cool slightly.