Chicken: Pancetta-Wrapped Chicken with Glazed Date Sauce
- 2 -8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 -5.2-ounce package semi-soft cheese with garlic and fines herbs
- 4 thin slices pancetta or prosciutto (about 1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pitted whole dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- Salt and ground black pepper (optional)
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bhg.com
1. Cut chicken in half horizontally. Top each half with one-fourth the cheese. Wrap pancetta around cheese; tuck ends under chicken.
2. In large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, cheese side up first, over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn; cook 4 to 5 minutes, until golden brown and no pink remains in chicken. Transfer to platter; cover to keep warm.
3. Remove skillet from heat. Add dates, vinegar, and water to skillet. Return to heat. Cook, uncovered, for 5 to 7 minutes, until sauce is thickened and dates are soft, stirring to scrape up browned bits.
4. Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
from the test kitchen
Tip Serving Suggestion:Wilted greens such as Napa cabbage or escarole.
Tip Change-Up:Substitute blue cheese for the semi-soft cheese with garlic and fine herbs, and used dried cherries in place of dates.