Red Berry Salad with Granola-Crusted Goat Cheese
A gorgeous summer salad comprised of ripe raspberries and strawberries, tangy goat cheese encrusted with crisp granola, and a silky double berry vinaigrette.
- 1 ounce soft goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp granola, clusters broken up
- 2 cups mixed salad greens, preferably organic
- 1/4 cup raspberries, preferably organic
- 2 medium strawberries, preferably organic, hulled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp Red Berry Vinaigrette
- +For the vinaigrette+
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, preferably organic
- 3 medium strawberries, preferably organic, hulled & quartered
- 1 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp coarse ground (country style) Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp pure maple syrup, preferably Grade B
- 2 T canola (or other neutral-flavored) oil
- Kosher salt, to taste (about 1/2 tsp)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Divide the goat cheese into small pieces and roll into balls using your palms.
Lay the granola out on a plate. Roll the goat cheese balls in the granola, pressing so that the granola stick and creates a crust. Set aside.
Place the greens on a plate. Top with granola-crusted goat cheese balls, raspberries, and strawberries.
Drizzle the vinaigrette over the top and serve.
+For the vinaigrette+
Place raspberries and strawberries in a mini food processor or blender. Process/blend until pureed.
Add in the vinegar, mustard, and maple syrup. Process/blend until well-mixed.
With the motor still running, stream in the oil and process/blend until emulsified.
Season to taste with salt.
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.