Strawberry Rhubarb Cridp
- 4 cups fresh rhubarb, 1"dice (about 4-5 lg. stalks
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and halved if lg.
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 t orange zest
- 1 T corn starch
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1 cup quick cooking oats (not instant)
- 12 T (1 1/2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, diced
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
Preheat oven to 350 F
Toss rhubarb, strawberries, 3/4 cup white sugar and orange zest together. Dissolve cornstarch in orange juice and stir into fruit. Pour mixture into a 8x11 inch baking dish, then place o9n a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
For the topping, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the flour, remaining 1/2 cup wh. sugar, brown sugar, salt and oatmeal. With the mixer at low speed, add the butter and mix until the dry ingredients are moist and the mixture is in crumbles. Sprinkle the topping over the fruit, covering it completely, and bake for 1 hour, until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown, Serve warm with ice cream.