A great minestrone soup with Italian sausage in it. If you want some heat, you can you hot sausage.
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 c diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely mined
- 1 c slice carrots
- 1 teas crumble basil
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1-1 lb Italian pear tomatoes, chopped and undrained
- 2 can 10 3/4 oz beef bouillon or 3 beef bouillon cubes plus 1 1/2 c hot water
- 2 c finely shredded cabbage
- 1 teas salt
- 1/4 teas pepper
- 1-1 lb can great northern beans, undrained
Slice sausage into 1/2 inch thick slices and brown in olive oil in a dutch oven. Add onion, garlic, carrots and basil and cook for 5 minutes. Add zucchini, tomatoes with liquid, bouillon, cabbage and salt and pepper. Bring soup to a boil and simmer covered for 1 hour. Add beans with liquid cook for another 20 minutes. Soup is even better the second day.