- CAKE 3/4 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 cup sifted Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for baking
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 package (8 oz.) Cream Cheese softened
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- Powdered Sugar (optional for decoration)
Preparation time 45mins
PREHEAT oven to 375'F. Grease 15x10 inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and Splenda Sugar Blend for baking in large bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake; remove towel. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Sprinkle ith powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
*Be sure to put enough powdered sugar on the towel when rolling up the cake so it will not stick.